CHANCES, CHOICES, DECISIONS



“We are our choices.” 
― Jean-Paul Sartre


“Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions.” 
― Dallin H. Oaks


“The right choice is hardly ever the easy choice.” 
― Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire


“In such seconds of decision entire futures are made.”
― Dan Simmons, Hyperion



Hi again beautiful people!
lately I been making a lot of choices from a smaller things to big things and it been hard and that's because it hit me that I'm now a grown up and that I have the power to change something, situation or my life and whatever the consequences are I'm responsible and it's weird for me not because I never made choices before but the fact that I'm almost 23 years old and my choices determine how my life is going to go and how my future is going to be ... it's a weird feeling.

After my graduation the first and biggest question that I faced was what do I want to do? I have a whole word of opportunities - at least that what it felt like - and all a need to do is to choose.You know what the scary things about choosing it's the choices wither they were two or fifty because with lots of choices you feel lost and with two choices you feel trapped.

That been said taking chances and making choices and decisions is part of every day life and I'm not by any mean an expert or someone who make the right choice or decision all the time but I'm someone who learned the hard way and I want to share withe you what I learned:



-Know what you want and being clear about it not only will help you to make the right choice and decision but also others know what choices they offer you and it will help limit the random choices to the actual choices that you need to choose from because not knowing what you want will make feel lost and you and you might end up choosing something you don't want and I recommend you write exactly the things you want especially if it's a big decision that's going to change your life take your time and ask your self what do you want.


“In the end that was the choice you made, and it doesn't matter how hard it was to make it. It matters that you did.” 
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass

“It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” 
― Roy Disney

-Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it again with big decision the wise thing is to ask for help from people who have experience because they know more thin what you know and asking for help doesn't mean they control you or what your choice and decision is going to be but there experience save you a lot of time and effort that could be lost.


“Be bold and never feel shy to consult people. You may appear like a stupid person for few minutes if you ask questions; but you are likely to be a fool forever if you don’t ask at all.” 
― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream

“If you don't have the confidence to ask, you will never have the confidence to convince.” 
― Amit Kalantri

-Don't hesitate or be afraid to make a choice/decision worst things that's going to ruin any choice and decision you make are hesitation and fear and they are the two most dangerous weapons that we use against ourselves it's fascinating how these two mental things have so much power over us. When you find a choice that's what you want and you feel so good about it you should not be hesitant and afraid to take the next step which is making the choice and decision you should have confidence in yourself and your instincts and don't lose the good chances that come in your way.

“There are choices in life which you are aware, even as you make them, cannot be undone; choices after which, once made, things will never be the same.
There is that moment when you can still walk away, but if you do, you will never know what might have been.” 
― Alan Bradley, As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust

“Even choosing to do nothing is still making a choice.”
― Joshua Medcalf, Burn Your Goals: The Counter Cultural Approach to Achieving your Greatest Potential



- Don't worry about lost chances I been in situations where I felt that this is the right chance, choice and decision but I didn't do it and I still ask my self why I didn't do it? and the answer is that I always think that there is a better choice that I yet to find and that's true, it's because this chance is not meant for me as tempting as it may look like it's not for me and there is a better chance coming in the way for me and it's going to pass buy somebody who would have the same feeling it's just the circle of life and we should remember that.

“I know now, after fifty years, that the finding/losing, forgetting/remembering, leaving/returning, never stops. The whole of life is about another chance, and while we are alive, till the very end, there is always another chance.” 
― Jeanette Winterson, Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?

‎"What does it mean if you tried to get somewhere, and you didn't?" "Like what?" "Like if you were trying to get somewhere, but you couldn't find it? 
Does that mean something bad?" "No. It doesn't mean something bad. It just means you have a second chance to do it. And two chances is always 
better than just one.” 
― C. JoyBell C.


- Rich choices/decisions and Poor choices/decisions when you are faced with multiple choices/decisions stay away from poor choices/decisions and I don't mean as in bad choices/decisions although you should stay away from those too but what I mean is poor as in you don't get anything out of them. Always go for the rich choices/decisions the ones that keep on given. I'm not taking about money only I'm taking all kind of benefits even after so many years you still feel and see these benefits. For example when make the choice to eat healthy the benefits of this choice are endless and that's a RICH CHOICE.



- Salat-l-Istikhara "this "prayer for guidance" is often used to help in important decision-making. Anytime a Muslim is making a decision, he or she should seek Allah's guidance and wisdom. Allah alone knows what is best for us, and there may be good in what we perceive as bad, and bad in what we perceive as good. If you are ambivalent or unsure about a decision you have to make, there is a specific prayer for guidance (Salat-l-Istikhara) that you can do to ask for Allah's help in making your decision. Should you marry this certain person? Should you attend this graduate school? Should you take this job offer or that one?. Allah knows what is best for you, and if you are not sure about a choice that you have, seek His guidance."from http://islam.about.com/ I took the exact words because personally I don't think I could explain it better then they did. I love Salat-l-Istikhara it just make me feel good about any choices/decisions I make. 



“The way you live your day is a sentence in the story of your life. Each day you make the choice whether the sentence ends with a period, question mark, or exclamation point.” 
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

“You are here to make a difference, to either improve the world or worsen it. And whether or not you consciously choose to, you will accomplish one or the other.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich

“Consider every choice carefully, no matter how small, for it will affect the bigger decisions you make.”
― Jim George

“Chances don't approach you,
it's you who approach chances.” 
― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity

 “Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice.”
– William Jennings Bryan.


I'm sorry it's a long post but it's something that I liked to share with you and hopefully you get something good out of it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO LIVE A COMMENT.

Comments

Popular Posts